Local Government Services
Assisting Local Governments in Addressing Challenges—Whether Fiscal, Operational or Environmental
Relevant projects include:
- Independent financial and organizational analyses for elected officials and public administrators to assist in strategically addressing their agency’s fiscal and operational challenges. Activities include forensic accounting services, organizational realignment, serving as an impartial interface with outside entities and managing public information activities.
- Assisting newly created public agencies in organizing in the most effective, cost efficient and progressive-customer oriented manner possible, and developing models to ensure the durability of those structures.
- Conducting specialized analyses involving law enforcement agency consolidations (City-County and City-City), contracting for service models, and law enforcement overtime use.
- Assisting large non-profit organizations in developing long-term visioning and strategic plans for their facilities and operations to ensure fiscal and operational viability.
- Assisting local governments in analyzing and responding to the increasingly challenging fiscal environment, defining approaches to alternate service delivery and managing capital improvement projects, including funding and cost reconciliations.
Recent projects include:
- City of Walnut Creek organizational intervention
- City of Hercules fiscal analysis and recommendations
- City of Atwater fiscal analysis, budget preparation and fiscal support
- City of Hollister-San Benito County law enforcement consolidation study
- City of Richmond Library operational analysis and report
- City of Richmond Police Overtime-TeleStaff implementation study
- City of Lathrop law enforcement services alternatives recommendations
- Alameda County Fair visioning process and long-term development analysis
- SolTrans Transportation Agency operations and services assistance
- Yuba County Building Permit Fee Grand Jury Report—analysis and recommendations