Human Resources Services
Kandice has leveraged over 16 years of experience as a supervisor, manager, and Executive Director in public sector Human Resources with strong research and analytical skills gained as university instructor to become a well-rounded HR consultant who uses reliable data and analytics to identify needs and drive results.
Coupled with insights acquired while actively managing her own consulting firm, Sherwood HR Consulting, Kandice has developed the capacity to be a creative and strategic thinker who is adept at looking at new ways of doing things.
Kandice’s focus as a human resource consultant is leadership coaching and as an OD interventionist facilitating process re-engineering, group idea generation/problem solving, strategic planning, data gathering processes/needs analysis, and general Human Resource activities such as Performance Management systems and processes, Recruitment and Selection, Classification and Compensation, conducting investigations, etc.
As a certified master trainer with ASTD and Achieve Global, Kandice has effectively engaged, facilitated, trained, and coached many program attendees in various programs and processes such as:
- Process Mapping/Improvement/Re-engineering
- Inside-Out Coaching, Gallop Strengthsfinders (Certified), IPEC Coaching (Certification in process)
- Process Facilitation (Certified by Leadership Strategies); World Café sessions
- Performance Management and Documentation
- Franklin Covey’s 7 Habits for Managers and Associates, The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, Great Leaders, The Four Disciplines of execution, Time Management, and Project Management.
- Crucial Conversations
- Customer Service
- Supervisory Skills, The Professions of Management Course, Executive Leadership Series
- The DiSC personality inventory and Myers Briggs (Certified)
Kandice has a B.A in Psychology and an M.A. in Industrial Organizational Psychology from California State University, Long Beach (CSULB). She has provided Keynote addresses, curriculum development, and consultative-type services for many organizations, including: California State University Northridge (CSUN), Long Beach Unified School District, Leadership Long Beach, Orange County Family Justice Center, IMPA-HR, IPMA-HR Southern Region (Keynote address), NEOGOV (KEYNOTE Address), Contra Costa Water District, Anaheim School District, and Pasadena Unified School District.